Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 7

Well there’s no need to retell days 3,4,5, and 6 except that it involved some leftover homemade tzatziki sauce, homemade tahini sauce, pita bread, ramen, and chicken tenders. I did make tuna salad sandwiches last night and the kids had leftovers for lunch today. Other than that, no new recipes or exciting preservative free adventures to tell of.
Now tonight, that’s another story. I have already mapped out and shopped for a week of homemade goodness. Tonight’s experiment was a spicy beef stew with homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. The stew was not as spicy as I would have liked it and the gravy according to David was a bit bland, but lessons learned. So if I plan to make this again, note to self…add more red pepper to the stew and more salt to both. Maybe I can even add a bit more garlic to both the gravy and stew. One thing I didn’t try with the gravy was that it called for brandy. Maybe if I had added the brandy, the flavor would have been stronger. Of course, that would also mean I would have to have some brandy on hand.  That might be good in more way than one.

Tomorrow – Garlic, spinach, and chickpea soup with basmati rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment